Quick little trick for other web developers who use the handy Web Developer add-on, which won’t install once upgrading to Firefox 3.6.x
Use this at your own risk (working great for me however):
- On the download page above, right-click and download the .xpi file somewhere onto your computer (doesn’t matter where).
- Change the .xpi extension to .zip – and extract the files inside (the xpi packages are just zip archives).
- You’ll now see a bunch of files, open up install.rdf in any text editor.
- Save your changes to the file, and then just rezip ALL of the files up into a new zip file.
- Change the extension back to .xpi, and drag ‘n drop onto Firefox.